Publication Date: June 2014
Onvia’s first quarterly State & Local (SLED) Procurement Snapshot presents a broad range of contracting trends within state and local government agencies across the country. In addition to trends, the report shares market insights and tactics to help vendors and contractors win more government business.
In the current Q1 2014 edition, Onvia’s market analysis is complemented by guest commentary from industry expert Jennifer Schaus of Jennifer Schaus & Associates, a boutique consulting firm specializing in the U.S. government sector.
Highlights from this quarter’s report:
- 5% growth rate overall in SLED contracting opportunities
- Growth trends by major category, led by 7.4% growth in the A/E/C vertical
- Growth trends by industry sub-category, led by 8.2% growth in IT Hardware
- Growth trends by agency type, led by 11.9% growth by education agencies
- Guest Column: “Three Part Playbook for Success in the Government Market” by Jennifer Schaus
For this report, Onvia’s market research team uses Onvia’s proprietary database of bids and RFPs within the state and local government market to describe industry trends.