Helping Government Agencies Get Noticed
Administering bids, quotes and RFPs can be complex, time-consuming, and expensive. Onvia's DemandStar®, a free service for government agencies, streamlines the procurement process by allowing agencies to manage the bid/proposal process electronically.
Today, some 400 agencies throughout the nation – from city and county governments, housing authorities and fire departments to school districts and port authorities – rely on DemandStar as their e-procurement platform.
DemandStar features two Internet-based components:
BidWire®/E-Bidding (for formal bids and RFP)
- Automatically notify vendors of your bids and RFPs via email
- Distribute bid and RFP documents and specs online – no more expensive copying and mailing of documents, blueprints and forms
- Track all vendor bid activity online and verify that vendors have received bid documents and addenda
- Receive vendors’ bids and proposals online
- Research our ever-growing library of more than 100,000 proposal/quote documents for help with developing your own bids and RFPs
QuoteWire® (for informal quotes)
- Solicit quotes electronically – no need for multiple phone calls to vendors
- Receive quotes electronically, with automatic tabulation of responses
- Evaluate quotes online quickly and easily
- Notify vendors automatically of awards
And DemandStar’s Bid Board feature lets you link from your agency website to a complete listing of all your agency’s active bids and RFPs that’s updated automatically.
To learn more about how your agency can benefit from DemandStar, call us toll-free at
800-331-5337 or visit www.demandstar.com.