Understanding the power and impact of social media tools for instantaneous information has moved agency projects and activities into the forefront of citizen awareness. Today, you need to get social and use social media effectively to communicate with the government.
Using the tools to communicate with the agencies can have the same success if done correctly. What are constituents talking about on social media? What are they interested in? How would your products and services meet the needs expressed through the social media channels? How would you collaborate with the agencies in charge of projects? Get the answers to these and other questions!
- Followerwonk - optimize your Twitter account and find information about people to follow
Rapportive - the Gmail plug-in that looks at what social accounts are tied to that person's email address
Government Social Media Articles
- Hootsuite Blog Post: "Social Media in Government: The Dawn of Two-Way Public Discussion"
- GovExec Blog Post: "The Present, and Future, of Social Media in Government"
- Huffington Post Article: "Social Media in Government Is Way More Advanced Than You Think"
- Accenture White Paper: "How Social Media Is Reinventing Government"
- Nextgov Blog Post: "How to Use Social Media in Government: A Response to Cory Booker"