A Step-by-Step Guide to Government Contracting with the Sunshine State
Companies looking to secure contracts in the business-to-government (B2G) marketplace can maximize their sales by diversifying their portfolio to include the pursuit of state government contracts.
One of the largest states in the country and a hub of commerce for the southeast, Florida spends billions each year on contracts. In 2016 alone the state government issued over 38,000 bids and RFPs and awarded more than 42,000 contracts, and the state’s proposed 2017-2018 FY budget lists plans to spend at least $83B in areas such as education, transportation and corrections. Vendors have access to a treasure trove of opportunities to earn lucrative government contracts by developing relationships with public sector clients in the Sunshine State.
With the guide, companies can learn how to grow their state government sales or pursue their first government contract with the state of Florida.
Request this free guide to:
- Get information on Florida’s purchasing landscape and initiatives
- Learn how to register for MyFloridaMarketPlace (MFMP), Florida’s eProcurement portal
- Discover how to search for bidding opportunities in MFMP
- Understand how Florida defines small business and diversity contract set-aside qualifications and requirements
- Receive a list of Florida contracting acronyms like MFMP, DBPR and DMS
- Locate Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) throughout the Sunshine State