A Step-by-Step Guide to Government Contracting in the Land of Lincoln
Companies looking to secure contracts in the business-to-government (B2G) marketplace can maximize their sales by diversifying their portfolio to include the pursuit of Illinois state government contracts.
Illinois is one of the economic powerhouses of the Midwest, and the state spends tens of billions of dollars each year on government contracts. In the 2016 fiscal year, the Illinois state government spent an estimated $56B while awarding more than 22,000 contracts. The largest amounts of the business awarded in this state came in areas related to infrastructure, like construction, architecture and engineering, but Illinois spends plenty on other areas such as healthcare, transportation and education. Companies doing business in just about any industry are able to find and win their share of Illinois government contracts.
With this guide from GovWin+Onvia, companies can learn how to grow their state government sales or pursue their first government contract with the state of Illinois.
Request this free guide to:
- Get information on the Illinois purchasing landscape and initiatives
- Learn how to register with Illinois as a bidder through BidBuy
- Discover how to search for bidding opportunities with IllinoisBid
- Gain useful information on how Illinois small businesses can win government contracts
- Understand how Illinois defines small business and diversity contract set-aside qualifications and requirements, including details on the Veterans Business Program
- Receive a list of Illinois contracting acronyms like IPB, IBHE and DCEO
- Locate Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) throughout the state