A Step-by-Step Guide to Government Contracting with the Beehive State
Companies looking to secure contracts in the business-to-government (B2G) marketplace can maximize their sales by diversifying their portfolio to include the pursuit of state government contracts.
Since the 1800s, Utah has proudly touted its moniker as the “Beehive State”, a nickname that residents view as a symbol of the state’s economy, rooted in hard work and industry. Utah spends billions each year on contracts. In 2016 alone the state government spent more than $28.8 billion with over 5,600 bids and RFPs issued and more than 2,700 contracts awarded in areas such as education, health and human services, environmental services and transportation. Companies can break into sales with the Utah state government, or build upon their current success, by accessing a treasure trove of opportunities and developing relationships with public sector clients in the Beehive State.
With this guide, companies can learn how to grow their state government sales or pursue their first government contract with the state of Utah.
Request this free guide to:
- Get information on Utah’s purchasing landscape and initiatives
- Learn how to register as a vendor with the Utah Supplier Portal
- Discover how to search for bidding opportunities in the Utah Consortium of Public Solicitations
- Understand how Utah defines small business and diversity contract set-aside goals, qualifications and requirements
- Receive a list of Utah’s contracting acronyms like UDOT, UDWR, USHE and USOE
- Locate Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) throughout the Beehive State