Publication Date: April 2017
Onvia’s State, Local and Education (SLED) Procurement Snapshot reveals an improving market and notable strength in state and local government contracting for the first quarter of 2017. New voter-approved funding for infrastructure along with agencies moving from a “wait and see” to an “invest” mentality has resulted in not only positive growth for the first time in several quarters but also one of the top growth rates we’ve tracked since this series began in 2014.
Growth is not uniform across the major segments and we highlight these differences by industry and level of government to help provide additional insights and perspective. Starting this quarter, we are adding new visibility into geographic differences in contracting activity with a useful map tracking bid & RFP growth rates by state.
In addition, we provide a special feature outlining best practices in marketing and selling to government agencies based on input from leading consultants. In this actionable guide, we reveal proven strategies and tactics that can help companies improve their win rates and maximize their sales in the dynamic business-to-government (B2G) marketplace.
Readers of this quarter’s report will:
- Learn more about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent growth
- Discover which industries and types of projects have the highest rates of growth
- Monitor contracting trends by type of agency to identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Track differences in bid & RFP growth rates by state
- Explore the importance and impact of agency spending trends on procurement activity within each industry
- Review best practices in selling, marketing and outreach to government agencies
For this report, Onvia’s market research team used government contracting data drawn from Onvia’s B2G Intelligence System (B2GIS), including awards and future spending plans from tens of thousands of state and local government agencies. Get the most comprehensive and timely state, local and education market analysis available by downloading this free report today.