Publication Date: October 2017
Onvia’s State, Local and Education (SLED) Procurement Snapshot reports on trends in the third quarter of 2017. The current quarter experienced a slight cooling in the rate of bidding opportunity growth, impacted both by the recent hurricanes as well the cyclical purchasing patterns typical of this marketplace. Still, the report reveals a 3rd straight quarter of continued growth in the SLED marketplace in 2017.
Noted expert Mary Scott Nabers returns to provide a strategic update on infrastructure projects, construction, plans for funding, new developments at the federal level and public-private partnerships (P3s). As an authority on P3s and infrastructure projects and a leading industry consultant, Nabers shares the latest insights on policy and funding that can have implications for government contractors and the broader economy.
Readers of this quarter’s report will:
- Learn more about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent growth
- Understand the impact of the 2017 hurricane season on growth rates
- Discover which industries and types of projects have the highest rates of growth
- Monitor contracting trends by type of agency to identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Track differences in bid & RFP growth rates by state
- Explore the importance and impact of agency spending trends on procurement activity within each industry
- Identify the latest trends in federal and local infrastructure investment, with a mid-year strategic overview by industry expert Mary Scott Nabers
For this report, Onvia’s market research team used government contracting data drawn from Onvia’s B2G Intelligence System (B2GIS), including awards and future spending plans from tens of thousands of state and local government agencies.
Growth is not uniform across the major market segments, and the analysis delves deeper into these differences by industry and level of government to help provide additional insights and perspective for public sector sales, marketing and business development professionals.
Get the most comprehensive and timely state, local and education market analysis available by requesting your complimentary copy of the report today.