Publication Date: January 2018
Onvia’s State, Local and Education (SLED) Procurement Snapshot highlighted that the SLED market experienced its strongest quarter of 2017 in Q4, with a year-over-year growth rate of 5.5%, coming in what is officially the highest growth year since our market research team began tracking bid volume trends.
Specifically, the fastest-growing industries included environmental services, finance, insurance, water and energy projects. Our market research team’s analysis shows that the strong growth in 2017 is partly cyclical, based on a weak 2016, and may lead to slower rates of growth heading into 2018.
In this quarter’s edition of the report, we provide a special feature to gather useful insights on cooperative purchasing among SLED governments, and help suppliers better understand the complexities of this maturing form of government buying. To do this, we interviewed two thought leaders in the co-op purchasing space: Tammy Rimes, Executive Director, National Cooperative Procurement Partners, and Jeremy Schwartz, Director of Operations and Procurement at the National Joint Powers Alliance.
Readers of this quarter’s report will learn:
- Details about the current contracting environment and the factors driving recent growth
- Which industries and types of projects are experiencing the highest growth rates
- Contracting trends by type of agency that can help identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Differences in year-over-year bid & RFP growth rates by state
- Purchasing trends, outlook and perspective on the state, local and education government sub-markets
- How to make better planning decisions about marketing strategy for 2018
This report features Onvia’s government contracting data from tens of thousands of state and local government agencies, as well as expert analysis from Onvia’s market research team.
Get the most comprehensive and timely state, local and education market analysis available by downloading this free report today.