Publication Date: October 2016
Onvia’s latest State, Local and Education (SLED) Procurement Snapshot examines bid and RFP trends within the state and local government contracting market for the third quarter of 2016. The results paint a picture of a market that offers stability overall but also opportunities in certain agency and industry segments that are outperforming.
The Q3 2016 edition of this quarterly series introduces several changes to provide readers with added value and relevance. The report examines 12 main industry groups to add better insight into market trends, focuses on emerging trends over the last two quarters and analyzes top-performing industries by level of government.
This edition of the report is complemented by a special feature that briefly examines the top 5 IT initiatives in state and local government using Onvia’s own data, research from the National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO), and surveys on city and county IT priorities by the Center for Digital Government.
Readers of this quarter’s report will:
- Learn how the overall market outlook suggests stability in the near future
- Discover which industries and types of projects have the highest rates of growth
- Monitor contracting trends by type of agency to identify growth in market size and differences by type of buyer
- Explore the importance and impact of agency spending trends on procurement activity within each industry
- Examine 5 top areas driving growth in IT
For this report, Onvia’s market research team used Onvia’s proprietary database of government contracting opportunities, awards and future spending plans from tens of thousands of state and local government agencies.
Get the most comprehensive state, local and education market analysis available by downloading the free report today.