Outlook and Discussion with the Experts
In an improved economy with higher business confidence, Onvia’s market research team provides our 2nd annual State & Local Government Contracting Forecast report to offer clarity and insight into where the government contracting marketplace is headed in 2018 and beyond. Particular attention is paid to prospects for the national economy, the outlook of government contractors, trends and expectations by level of government and forecasts for bids and RFPs over the next two years.
The findings are drawn from Onvia’s state, local and education (SLED) contract data, recent trends in the marketplace and from discussion with three leading experts in procurement. The following experts join our 2018 forecast to share perspectives and outlooks for each level of SLED government:
State Government Outlook: Krista Ferrell, Deputy Director of the National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO)
Local Government Outlook: Brent Maas, Executive Director for Business Strategy & Relationships at NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement
Education Government Outlook: Sean Cavanagh, Senior Editor at EdWeek Market Brief
Readers of this report will learn the following:
- How the economy is likely to perform in 2018-19
- The new fiscal realities for agencies, revenue and budgets
- The latest expectations for growth by contractors and planned improvements they will be making
- Historical and future trends in bids and RFPs by level of government
- Purchasing trends, outlook and perspective of the state, local and education government sub-markets
- Insights into the mind of government buyers
- Ways that contractors can assist government outside of the contract
- Emerging types of technology being increasingly adopted by agencies
- Expectations for how hurricanes and other natural disasters will impact government purchasing
For this report, Onvia’s market research team analyzes the latest economic and government purchasing trends, including data sourced from Onvia’s B2G Intelligence System (B2GIS), while leveraging the combined expertise and insights of our expert contributors.
Request your complimentary copy of the report today to access a timely overview of where state and local government contracting is headed that will help you navigate the coming year and make more informed decisions in selling to the government.